DOMOTEX asia/CHINAFLOOR concluded a successful edition in Shanghai from 26 to 28 May 2023.
The event took place in co-location with R+T Asia - the leading trade fair for the sun shading and door/gate industry in the APAC region, cadex - the international event for connecting, learning and doing business in the design and architecture industry - and others, under the roof of Build Asia Mega Show - a vibrant ecosystem representing the diverse facets of the construction, building materials and interior design industries, in a platform which fosters the cross-industry communication and multi-channel integration.
The high presence of the international participants, both as exhibitors and visitors, reconfirmed that China remains an important hub for the international trade in the flooring industry and the confidence in the region has returned.
1,600 exhibitors coming from 30 different countries showcased their newest products and cutting-edge technologies in a gross exhibiting area of 200,000sqm.
"Last time I was at the show was in 2019. I am glad to be back to Domotex asia this year and meet our partners physically again. After 2019, we have participated at the show through our Asian team but finally we as Europeans and Americans could also come back this year. The footprint of Domotex asia is actually Asia. We met partners and people from China, but also from Vietnam and different parts of Asia. We had some good meetings also with US and European distributors and retailers. I hope we will see more of them coming back to China next year. This is a place where you can have great conversations and obtain updates. We will be present here again next year. We had a successful exhibition and look forward to meeting everyone again at DOMOTEX asia 2024."
Mr. Matthieu Dekens CCO North America and Europe i4F
On-site Booth Booking Rate
The success of this year’s edition was clearly reflected in the applications for booking a stand at the next year’s edition. 72% of the space at DOMOTEX asia/CHINAFLOOR 2024 was already booked onsite.
Some of the leading brands who booked onsite for the next year edition
“We are excited to be back to participate in DOMOTEX asia since our last participation in 2019. As Oriental Weavers Egypt, we see the Chinese market specifically, and ASEAN markets generally, as very important markets for us and our strategy includes several action plans to grow and expand our presence in China and surrounding markets. It will be interesting to see how the Chinese market evolved in the last 3-4 years and we are looking forward to build strong partnerships with reputable Chinese companies to sell our world-class rugs in China.”
Mr. Hany Amin Export Sales Director Oriental Weavers
DOMOTEX asia/CHINAFLOOR 2023 welcomed a total number of 83,594 visitors from 112 different countries. The international visitors number was 14,338 and reached 95% of the record edition in 2019.
INTERNATIONAL VISITOR PROFILE
* Despite of the difficulties in traveling into the country, the high participation of the international flooring community showed an impressive loyalty and trust to the show, proving that DOMOTEX asia/CHINAFLOOR is the main flooring event in the Asia Pacific region for their business.
* Asia was the main region of provenience of the international visitors, accounting for 59% of the total international visitors. East Asia (including South Korea and Japan) and Southeast Asia were the most represented Asian regions at the show.
* In particular, regions with highest growth over 2019 edition were Middle East (100% growth), Eastern Europe (60% growth) and the Southeast Asia (45% growth).
CHINESE VISITOR PROFILE
* East China (14%) and South China (9%) showed the largest increase in visitors.
* The top 10 provinces and cities in terms of visitor numbers were Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shandong, Guangdong, Anhui, Henan, Hebei, Beijing and Liaoning in that order. Especially Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui and Guangdong increased by more than 10%.
* Trade remained the cornerstone of the show, with agents and distributors leading the visitor profiles. Import and export traders and overseas purchasing representatives witnessed impressive growth, with an increase of over 20%.
* Visitors from design, decoration, engineering, terminal applications, etc. accounted for 26% of the total attendees.
* Leveraging the BUILD ASIA Mega Show's cross-industry integration, DOMOTEX asia/CHINAFLOOR attracted a higher than ever diversified audience, representing different sectors in the entire building and construction business.